Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lankes being Kuhn

So, we have all been asked to post some thougts about our first class. I must say that I was impressed that the first slide mentioned Thomas Kuhn. My pulse quickened, the signal distorted and I knew immediately that this was going to be a transformative class. Kuhn, being the author of "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions", was interested in how scientific knowledge progressed. He created a model called "paradigm shifts" which describes how science comes to accept new theories.



I realized that this course was going to be a new direction within our epistemological frameworks. Not only was Prof. Lankes interested in advancing the study of library science, but he was advocating a whole new hermeneutical turn for the semantic structures we had grown accustomed to hearing about regarding librarianship.

No comments:

Post a Comment